Sunday, July 5, 2009

~Latourell Falls~


Last Wednesday Daddy woke me up at 4:45 AM for a Special Morning with him! We drove on the Historic Highway, stopped at the View Point over looking the Columbia River, and finally arrived at Latourell Falls at about 5:30 AM. We hiked up to the area where you can look directly at the Fall and the continued up to another off shooting trail which took us to the top of the water fall and it's source! The Latourell Fall is 249 feet tall and 20 feet wide. It's a beautiful fall that I would encourage you to go and see for yourself. Just another reminder about how creative our Creator is! To see some pictures of the hiking trail click HERE . Daddy and I were wondering how the Water Fall received it's name here is some history I found:



The falls is on Latourell Creek and was named after Joseph Latourell, a prominent Columbia River Gorge settler. The falls itself was located on the property of Guy W. Talbot of Portland, who, in 1929, donated 220 acres of property to the State of Oregon. ~Website Here




Here is a closer view of exactly how high Daddy and I climbed...
Below are two pictures I took with Daddy's cell phone.

First: a straight on shot:


Second: Our Favorite! This one shows the beautiful view of the moss on the side.


Daddy: I really enjoyed going up the trail with you! I can't wait until we take the entire family!
I Love You Daddy!
Love, Your Eldest Daughter:


No comments: