Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Girl Time Ends... And a New Life Begins!

Whew!  What a week!  I admit: I am behind on posting...

First I must say how we ended our "Girl Time".
Yes, we watched the entire "Pride and Prejudice" movie (1996 version)... in two days!

I competed in Oregon Right To Life's Oratory contest...

...And by God's grace, I won first place!!!  I will be competing at state.

The competitors Bethany, Luke Douglas, and Chloe Anderson with the judges.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After all our fun, we rushed off to the airport to pick up the rest of the family!
Now, I must out in that right before we left, we had a terrible storm and ended up losing electricity!!!  That means, no lights and then no water, because we are on well water!

And here is the entire family... except for Eden who was the photographer.

After a very special time of greeting and meeting each other, we headed off to a hotel room...
All SEVEN children!

Introducing:
Our adorable Havilah Tirfe.
Our handsome little Benjamin Abezu.

We made do with what we could in our hotel room.
Thankfully, Mommy had just made a big pot of Minestrone Soup which we grabbed on our way out the door for a delicious dinner!
For this family of NINE, the hotel room was quite tight!  :)
Judah was all giddy to now be a big brother!

Okay, I just have to post another picture of the cuties!

Benjamin
Havilah

Daddy brought home a lot of "booty" (as he called it)...
Here are the girls in their Ethiopian shawls, outfits, and jewelry!

It made us feel really rich!
"Thank you, Daddy!"

Brothers...

Eden's "Welcome Home" cake!  She did a great job!

And yes, we've already got them started on the Irish Ceili Dancing!
That's how things work in our family!

I hope you enjoyed this rather lengthy post...
We are overjoyed with the blessings that God has given us!
Thank you for your prayers, support, and friendship during this time!

Visit our adoption blog:

Posted By:
~Bethany

6 comments:

Miss S. said...

Bethany,

I can’t believe you posted the last two pictures! My hair is an absolute mess! :) Oh well, you did a lovely post! <3

~Shiloh

Shiloh Strang said...

Ohhh... that's why I didn't post the picture of me dancing!!!

I can't ever have messy hair, you know!

~Bethany

Eden said...

Lovely post!

I can't wait until Havilah can join our girl fun!! The boys will have to get lot's of boy fun!
About the dancing picture: I can't believe you put that up! I have messy hair! Oh well, we do know who is always worried about their messy hair!!!!!!!
Lovely Post! I'm so glad our new little siblings are home! PTL!
~Eden

Shelbi said...

Congratulations on winning first place in the contest, Bethany!

Havilah and Benjamin are so blessed that God chose to make them a part of your family. They are so precious!

Karen Wilson said...

So How is it being a family of 9?

Unknown said...

"Let the little children come to Me and do not forbid them for such is the kingdom of heaven." We rejoice with you in your adoption, Denise Alzen