Monday, April 18, 2011

Oregon Right To Life Convention

Since I won first place at County in ORTL's Oratory Contest, I was blessed to be able to compete at the State competition this Saturday.  The competition took place during the actual ORTL Convention, so my parents, Shiloh, and I were able to look around a bit and even hear a wonderful session!
Although I didn't place with the top three competitors, my speech was blessed by God and I enjoyed the competition very much!  And yes, I will be doing it next year too!  :)

Enjoy the pictures from our day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had quite a large audience which made it very fun!

During my speech.

All the competitors!
It was fun getting to meet these girls afterwards!
Daddy, Shiloh, and I watched a really, really good workshop on how to defend the humanness of an unborn baby.  It was done by Alan Shlemon who started the organization Stand To Reason


Shiloh and I after a wonderful day and a quick stop with Daddy to get some frozen yogurt!  Yum!

"Eden are you going to take the picture now?!?!"

Here are some excerpts from my speech:


"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
~Psalm 139:14
Let us always defend the unborn baby whose voice is not heard.  We are the only ones that can speak out for them!  They are as much human as we are; we should never throw their life away for the sake of making ours "better".  Let us be their voice! 
Protect life!

Posted By:
~Bethany

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

Bethany- you are going to get it (whatever that is ;)) for posting that horrid picture of me!

I <3 you,

Shiloh