Thursday, October 7, 2010

Preproduction on a Perfect Piano!

As some of you know, (and some of you don't know!) I have been working on a CD for which the title hasn't even been finalized!!! Yikes! Yesterday my engineer and I went to a recital hall where I plan to record.  We went to check out the acoustics and the piano.  The piano turned out to be much more then I expected.  I mean, 9'6' Bosendorfers that retail for $198,000 are kind of hard to pass up!!!

Below is a movie of one of my "unfinished arrangements". If you think you hear the second movement of Beethoven's Eighth Piano Sonata, or the first movement of Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto; that's because it's supposed to be in there!!!


This is a movie of my engineer and I "working"!  (Even though this piece does not even show up on the CD.)


Thanks Michael, I had fun!

Posted by: Jordan

2 comments:

Antoinette Petersen said...

Very neat!!!! I enjoyed it and cannot wait to purchase the CD when it comes out! Sounds like it will be a wile, but I can wait! ;)

Blessings,

Miss Antoinette

PS. Y'all play so well on the piano! God has truly given you a gift!

The First Rose said...

Oh I'm so glad it's working out for you to record with Michael! Although, we are a little reluctant to share him....
Anyway, that was SOOOO funny to see him under the grand piano - I can guess he was listening for the sweet spot. Am I right?