Friday, October 1, 2010

Birthday Boating...

For Jordan's Birthday, we went boating on a reservoir.  We rented a Pontoon Boat with a motor and then set sail for a very exciting day!  Complete with fishing, filming (more about that later), and fun!

Enjoy this post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're ready to set sail!  Here Jordan gets ready to drive...
While waiting, Eden snapped this picture of me standing at the end of the dock.  I thought the shot looked really neat!
Our family getting ready to go....
 Daddy helped Jordan back out of the harbour...
...And then we were off!
Mommy really enjoyed the warm sunshine...
And had a nice nap on the back seat!

Eden makes sure Jordan is heading in the right direction.

And a certain little sailor was eyeing a certain little steering wheel...

...Until he hopped in the drivers seat and took the boat over!  (Complete with chocolate on his face!)

Shiloh and I (I'm in her sunglasses!).
Eden and I hanging off the boat so I could get this picture:

Under the boat!

Then we decided that it would be fun to do some fishing.  So we stopped the boat and dropped in the anchor.
"Land A-Ho!"

Eden finds a new way to fish... complete with ballet arms and pointed toes!
But the fish were really not biting there, so we moved to a different location.
And us girls had our turns at the wheel!

Driving...

...Until we pulled up by a dam.  Ah!  Here was a good place to fish!

This was a better place to fish... here Eden and Jordan cast off their lines.
Shiloh fishing from off the boat.

Jordan way out there...

And here's me (after I slipped off the "pretty" safe logs... into the water... half-way!)
I actually caught a fish but lost him when I reeled him in! 

And Mommy and Judah enjoyed the rest of the day.
Us all on the logs!
What a wonderful day we had!
----------------------

And here's a quick movie I filmed of underneath the boat...
Talking about "filming"... stay tuned for the movie the World Changing Productions filmed while out on this trip!
You don't want to miss it!!!!!

Posted by:
~Bethany~

"O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"
Psalm 8:1 & 9

4 comments:

Eden said...

Ha-ha! "Very Funny!"

I really like the post, Bethany! Especially the picture of me doing “ballet!” (or rather goofing off!) Anyway, great post!
~Love you,
Eden

Titus2Mom said...

That looks really fun!! Was the water cold?

Jess!!!

Titus2Mom said...

I LOVE the movie especially when the "camera guy" waves... reminds me of one of my sisters!!!

Shiloh Strang said...

Jess:
The water was cold, but I got out REALLY fast! Thankfully I didn't fall in all the way! :)

Thanks for commenting!
~Bethany